Monday, May 9, 2011

Japanese Food? Try Ohana Japanese Restaurant








A few months ago, an Aunt of mine invited me to have dinner at Ohana Japanese Restaurant. I'm not really interested in Japanese food, (although I eat Sushi once in a while) but since my Aunt's paying the bill, I immediately said Yes. 'Libre na gid, indi pa ko?' and besides, saying No is not an option.

Iloilo City already has a lot of established Chinese restaurants, having a Japanese restaurant is definitely a welcome addition to the scene. I think we only have two or three Japanese restaurants here in Iloilo City. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Ohana Japanese Restaurant is located at the poolside of Hotel Del Rio (Molo, Iloilo City). A first timer might find it difficult to find since its located at the back portion of the hotel 'Baci magtalang ka pa'. Just make sure to pass by the hotel's front desk for assistance.

The restaurant also has other dishes like Bulgogi (a Korean dish) and Pinoy Summer favorites like Mais Con Hielo and Ice Cream. I think it's a good strategy and one way of gaining customers, since having a lot of choices is convenient to any layman, including myself.

We ordered Tuna Sashimi, Gyoza (Japanese Dumpling), Japanese Cheese Sticks, Beef Teppanyaki and Beef Bulogogi to go along with the Mixed Rice.

The Tuna Sashimi prepared by the Chef tastes great, the fish is really fresh,
bu
t my favorite is the Japanese Cheese Stick. It's not the usual cheese stick that we are used to. Ohana's Japanese Cheese Stick tastes entirely different. It has something in it that makes it something to crave for. I advised everyone to go there and see it for yourself. Believe me, you'll come back for more.

So guys, if you're searching for the perfect balance of price and value and want something different, Ohana is the right place for you.

Ohana Japanese Restaurant is owned by Atty. Lorna Laurea.

Restaurant
hours:
Monday to Sunday: 10AM to 2PM / 5PM to 10PM..

No comments:

Post a Comment